Ever wonder how to burn a soy candle? Here are a few tips for you.
Please note that the burn time of soy candles varies depending on the size of the candle, the type of wick (some wicks burn faster than others) and following proper burn techniques.
Initial Burn: Each candle has a memory. For the initial burn, burn wax for at least 3-4 hours so the melt pool reaches the edge of the container. This will allow your candle to create its initial burn and will result in a complete burn, increase scent throw and avoid tunneling.
Achieving Maximum Burn Time
- Trim your wick to approx 1/4″ before each burn.
- Never burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep away from open windows and or any kind of drafts.
- Soy candles may frost. This is normal when burning soy candles.
Safety Tips When Burning Candles
- Burn only on a stable heat resistant surface.
- Keep candles away from open windows and or any kind of drafts.
- Wax is hot so don’t touch or move your candle while it’s burning.
- Discard candle when only 1/4″ of wax remains on the bottom.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Misuse of burning any candle could result in injury or fire.